Chicken Tamale Hash Street Tacos
Tamales are a tradition that usually involves the whole family. Soft masa, perfectly seasoned filling, all made by hand using recipes passed down through generations, then assembled and wrapped in cornhusks before being steamed. And while making tamales by hand can be a long process, all you have to do to enjoy a taste of authentic Mexico is open the package, heat, and eat. Serve our Tamales as an entrée, a side dish or as an appetizer.
- 1 package Del Real Foods pollo asado
- 3 Del Real Foods pork tamales
- 1 head garlic, roasted
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 bunch green onion, chopped
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 dozen warm small tortillas
- 1⁄2 cup cilantro, chopped
- Salt & pepper
Sweet Pepper Pico de Gallo:
- 1 cup colored sweet peppers,
- Finely diced
- 1⁄2 cup cherry tomatoes, finely diced
- 1⁄2 red onion, diced
- 1/2 cup cilantro, chopped
- 1 lime
- Salt & pepper
- White Cheddar Cheese
- Cilantro or lettuce
- Preheat oven to 400 ̊f. Slice the top of the head of garlic and drizzle with oil and sprinkle with salt and pepper then wrap in foil and place in oven and bake for 20-25 min or until soft.
- While the garlic is roasting, combine all the ingredients for the sweet pepper pico de gallo in a mixing bowl. Add a dash of salt and pepper and gently mix the ingredients together. Chill
- Cook Del Real Foods Pollo Asado and Del Real Foods Pork Tamales according to package directions.
- In a medium size pan, heat 2 tbsp oil and saute onion and green onion tops until soft.
- In a mixing bowl, combine sour cream, 3 cloves roasted garlic, onion, green onion, cilantro and sea salt. Once warm, dice the chicken and tamales into small bite size pieces and add to the sour cream mixture.
- Warm tortillas one by one in a pan and wrap in foil to keep warm.
- Add chicken and tamale hash mix to the tortillas. Serve tacos with chilled pico de gallo, cheese, and cilantro or lettuce on the side.
- For extra fun, clip the tacos together with colored clothes pins and use colored tortillas.